Chia fresca, also known as chia lemonade, is a Mexican lemonade with chia seeds for added benefits. Refreshing, full of fiber & perfect for hot summer days!
When the weather gets hot, my favorite way to cool off is drinking a refreshing drink, like this chia fresca or chia lemonade. However you call it, it's a Mexican lemonade with added chia seeds for extra benefits.
For more refreshing summer drinks, check out How to Make Aguas Frescas - 7 Refreshing Flavors!
Chia Fresca Benefits:
- Hydrating & the fiber keeps you full
- Lemon: Vitamin C, alkalizing once digested, aids digestion
- Chia Seeds: Loaded with fiber, healthy fats, and plant based protein. All things that help you feel full and satiated. I love chia seeds. I blend them up in my smoothies, sprinkle them on yogurt, add them to oatmeal or cereal, or make a tasty chia pudding.
The recipe is so easy, just mix together cold water, fresh lemon juice, chia seeds, and sweetener of your choice. Sugar, agave, honey, or liquid stevia can be used. Feel free to leave out the sweetener if you prefer it plain. The chia seeds will plump up after about 5 minutes in the water and the seeds will start to settle. Give it a good mix before you drink it up!
Chia fresca is most commonly made with lemon but any fruit can be used.
Variations on Chia Fresca:
- Watermelon chia fresca - Blend up watermelon and strain the pulp. Then chill the juice before adding chia seeds.
- Strawberry chia fresca - Blend up strawberries with water and strain the pulp.
- Cucumber chia fresca - Add thin slices of cucumber into a pitcher to create cucumber infused water.
- Lime & Mint chia fresca - Muddle lime and mint before adding chilled water and chia seeds.
I hope you make this chia lemonade fresca! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You might like these other recipes!
Refreshing Chia Fresca - Chia Lemonade
- 3 cups cold filtered water
- ¼ cup lemon juice - about 1 large lemon
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Add all the ingredients into a small pitcher or a large mason jar. The chia seeds will start to expand after 5 - 10 minutes. Enjoy chilled or with ice.
✎ Recipe Notes
- This recipe is featured in How to Make Aguas Frescas - 7 Refreshing Flavors
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.