Welcome, recipe seeker!
Hi there! I’m Jamie, enthusiastic eater and determined cook!
Some random facts about me:
- I eat the top crust of any baked good first. Think the top golden crust of a freshly baked cake. It’s like a muffin top on crack. Then I go for the edges. 🙂
- I come from three generations of bakers (more on that below)
- Hopelessly addicted to boba tea
- Have a morbid fascination with sharks
- Gets scared watching PG-13 movies
Drive Me Hungry Team
- Husband, President of Set Design and Head Prop Scouter.
- Gets paid in food and is surprisingly okay with eating food that’s gone cold.
- Talents: can eat bowls of cherries in one sitting; holding a fork perfectly still; has a keen eye for sales
- Dog, Distinguished Kitchen Supervisor and Chief Licker of Crumbs.
- Gets paid in veggies and is always happy to see everyone.
- Talents: lowers triglyceride and cholesterol levels; has never lost a game of tug of war
Every meal should have a sweet ending
I come from a line of bakers so I have sugar coursing through my veins.
My great grandparents opened up one of the first bakeries in Seoul, South Korea; my grandma grew up living and working above this bakery and ate spoonfuls of sugar for breakfast (no joke) and my mom is a retired pastry chef.
Sadly I’ve broken this bakery streak, so it’s become my project to transform my family’s recipes into simple and easy recipes that anyone can follow. Is there anything better than homemade dessert at the end of the day? Nope there is not. I should know. To me, that’s love on a plate.
When my food obsession started
As a kid, I’ve always loved and really appreciated eating delicious food and the work that went into it. I grew up flipping through countless food magazines and watching hours and hours of The Food Network until I got so hungry I had to eat a second dinner and second dessert. Yep I was a portly little cherub.
Once I moved out for college, I began cooking and experimenting in the kitchen since I couldn’t afford to eat out all the time. Before I knew it, I developed my own style of cooking and had people asking for my recipes. Take that student loans!
Drive Me Hungry
Fast forward to the present day and most of what I make is quick and easy recipes that still look amazing and taste delicious. Most of my recipes are perfect for weeknight meals as they're simple and easy to follow.
You’ll find everything from quick and easy Asian recipes to variations on Italian and Mexican food to easy dessert recipes. I love making pastas, noodles, tacos, vegetarian dishes, cakes, pastries, and simple but indulgent desserts. All in all, I make what I like to eat!
I hope you find what you’re looking for and if not, feel free to drop me a line. I’d love to hear from you and am always interesting in new recipe ideas!
Thanks so much for stopping by!