Thirst quenching cucumber agua fresca that’s quick & easy to make! Fresh cucumbers, water & lime juice blended together to make a healthy, refreshing drink!
This cucumber agua fresca is a fantastic drink for cooling off during the hot summer months! It’s a simple and popular drink in Mexico made with cucumbers, lime, and water.
You can add herbs and sweetener to this refreshing cucumber limeade or leave them out for a simple cucumber drink!
For more flavors, check out How to Make Aguas Frescas – 7 Refreshing Flavors!
This cucumber drink is perfect for large outdoor parties or get togethers because of how cooling and thirst quenching it is.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Cucumbers – peel the cucumbers if there’s wax on the skin
- Lime – freshly squeeze lime juice is best
- Cold Filtered water – this tastes best when served chilled or over ice
- Sweetener – optional; use sugar, agave, honey, or stevia
- Herbs – optional; use mint, rosemary, basil, or parsley
- Cucumber agua fresca serves best when it’s served cold. Chill it in the fridge for at least one hour or serve it over ice.
- Freeze some of the agua fresca in ice cube trays and drop them in your pitcher to keep this drink ice cold!
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber of lime and extra herbs.
- If using herbs, muddle them or gently bruise them before adding it to extract more flavor.
More recipes to try:
- How to Make Aguas Frescas – 7 Refreshing Flavors
- Homemade Korean Strawberry Milk
- Homemade Coconut Milk with Fresh or Shredded Coconut
- Chilled Vegan Cucumber Avocado Soup – Gluten Free & Keto
- Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad (Oi Muchim)
- Vegan Cucumber Hummus Bites
Cucumber Agua Fresca
- 4 large cucumbers – cut into large pieces
- 6 cups cold filtered water
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice – about 1 lime, add more if desired
- fresh herbs – mint, basil, rosemary, thyme – (optional)
Optional sweetener (choose ONE of the following, adjust according to taste)
- ¼ cup agave
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- liquid stevia drops
- Add the cucumbers, water, and lime juice in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Avoid filling your blender more than two-thirds of the way full. Work in batches if needed.
- (Optional) Strain the cucumber juice through a medium sieve to strain the pulp.
- Transfer the cucumber agua fresca to a large pitcher and add the sweetener and herbs, if using. It's best to muddle the herbs for stronger flavor. Serve chilled or over ice. Makes 8 cups.
- Muddle the herbs before adding to get a stronger flavor.
- Make ahead a day in advance and store in an airtight container.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to one day.
- Freeze some of the agua fresca in an ice cube tray and drop them in the pitcher to keep it ice cold.
- This recipe is featured in How to Make Aguas Frescas – 7 Refreshing Flavors
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.