This chilled vegan cucumber avocado soup is a refreshing, healthy soup for the summer. Made with fresh mint & parsley! This cucumber avocado soup is vegan, gluten free & keto friendly!
This chilled vegan cucumber avocado soup is so simple to make and so refreshing and healthy! It’s made with fresh summer herbs such as basil, mint, and parsley and then topped with a medley of healthy seeds and vegetables!
I used to not get the appeal of chilled soups until I moved into an apartment with no air conditioning. Let me just say, this is a delicious way to cool off, and now I love chilled summer soups! It’s one of my favorite ways to cool off. Smoothies, salads, and chilled summer soups to the rescue! This is one of my favorite go-to chilled soups for when the weather gets hot. It’s also low carb and keto friendly, which I prefer during the summer since they’re lighter and weigh me down less.
Health Benefits of Chilled Vegan Cucumber Avocado Soup
- full of fiber
- healthy fats from avocado, chia seeds, flax seeds
- full of vitamins and minerals from raw herbs and vegetables
- dairy free, gluten free
- low carb and keto friendly, only 2 grams of net carbs per serving!
- vegan & vegetarian friendly
What I love most about this soup is how simple and easy it is to make. Ready in under 10 minutes and all you need is a blender. No turning on the stove or oven for this soup!
Tips for this Vegan Cucumber Avocado Soup:
- chill your ingredients ahead of time
- use any fresh herbs – parsley, basil, cilantro, dill, mint, chives, etc
- serve within 2 hours of making
- add salt to taste right before serving – this soup needs a healthy bit of salt to bring out all the flavors
- serve chilled – this makes a big difference in flavor
Start with chilled cucumbers and avocados. This will be the base of your soup. Then add in as much or as little fresh herbs to suite your taste. I chose basil, parsley, and mint because I love how refreshing and herbaceous the soup tastes with this combination. Instead of garlic, I chose scallions since it’s a bit more mild tasting, and I think that suites this soup better. Garlic can be a bit overwhelming in a delicate soup like this.
You can also serve this cucumber avocado soup plain without any toppings. It’s delicious served as is and you can really appreciate the smooth, creamy texture. If you want a bit of crunch and texture, you can top with creamy vegan yogurt and healthy vegetables or seeds/nuts. Note: I linked my favorite brand of vegan yogurt below in the recipe.
- cherry tomatoes
- spring peas
- baby herbs
- healthy seeds and nuts for a bit of texture
- chia seeds
- flax seeds
- hemp hearts
- sprouted buckwheat
- slivered almonds
- sunflower seeds
This makes enough for two large bowls of soup or you can serve four small appetizer portions. I recommend finishing this soup the day of as all the ingredients are fresh, and tastes best when consumed the same day.
I hope you make this chilled vegan cucumber avocado soup! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You might like these other recipes!
Chilled Vegan Cucumber Avocado Soup - Gluten Free & Keto
- 1 whole english cucumber
- 1 teaspoon mint leaves about 8 - 10 small mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons basil leaves about 6 medium large leaves
- 1.5 Tablespoons parsley
- 1 stalk scallion
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup water filtered
- salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients for the soup in a high speed blender and blend together until you get a smooth consistency. Chill in the fridge in an airtight container until you're ready to serve. Give the soup a good stir before serving and adding your garnish.
- For optional toppings: Add a dollop of vegan plain yogurt and swirl around with a spoon. Arrange the tomatoes, microgreens, and blanched snap peas. Sprinkle on top the super seed blend for some crunch.
- This makes enough for two large bowls of soup or you can serve four small appetizer portions.
- I recommend consuming this soup the day of as all the ingredients are fresh, and it will taste best when consumed the same day.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.