A delicious vegan pumpkin seed pesto sauce made with parsley and basil! This healthy vegan basil parsley pesto is perfect for cold pesto pasta salads!
A delicious, healthy twist on the traditional pesto recipe. This vegan pumpkin seed pesto is made with parsley and basil for even more fresh flavors! Perfect for cold pesto pasta salads, salad dressings, or drizzle on top of proteins or roasted vegetables for a tasty sauce! You can also use this vegan basil parsley pesto as a marinade when grilling vegetables!
I've always wanted to have an herb garden but I've never had success growing herbs in an apartment. The sunlight wasn't strong enough or my windows didn't face the right direction or...I just plain forgot to water it! Now that I moved into a house, I decided to try again but this time plant my herbs outdoors. What a difference it makes! The herbs are growing so fast and strong. This vegan pumpkin seed pesto is the perfect recipe for using up these herbs. It's incredible what a little fresh air and sunlight will do during the Seattle summers!
Why You'll Love this Vegan Pumpkin Seed Pesto:
- Fast & Easy - Literally ready in 5 minutes! Fresh pesto is so much more flavorful and fresh tasting than store bought. It's fast, easy, and simple to make!
- Instead of pine nuts use:
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- Add extra herbs!
- In addition to basil, use
- In addition to basil, use
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds:
- A great source of
- plant based protein
Serving Suggestions for Vegan Basil Parsley Pesto:
- dress cold pesto pasta salad
- use as a salad dressing
- top grilled or roasted vegetables (add it to this Healthy Grilled Mexican Street Corn)
- serve with grilled or roasted proteins
- use as a marinade
When storing leftovers, drizzle a thin layer of olive oil on top so the pesto doesn't oxidize. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
I hope you make this vegan pumpkin seed pesto! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You might like these other recipes!
Vegan Pumpkin Seed Pesto with Parsley and Basil
- Add the pumpkin seeds, garlic, basil, parsley, and lemon juice to your food processor.
- Start blending and slowly add in the olive oil. Make sure to scrape down the sides and process until a smooth sauce. Add salt to taste. It will need a good pinch of salt since there's no cheese in this recipe.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.