This cold vegan pesto pasta salad is made with vegan pesto & pumpkin seeds for extra flavor & crunch. Tossed with tomatoes, cucumbers & crunchy veggies!
This cold vegan pesto pasta salad is the perfect thing for warm summer days or picnics! This refreshing chilled pesto pasta salad with a vegan pesto is a tasty make ahead meal and can be served as a side or main dish. Make this during the summer months or for National Macaroni Day which falls right in the middle of July!
Types of Pasta for Pasta Salad:
- Bow tie
- any other short cut pasta
Tips for Cold Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad:
- rinse your pasta after cooking to get rid of excess starch
- lightly drizzle olive oil onto your pasta and toss together if not serving immediately. This keeps them from sticking together.
- store in the fridge to serve cold
- wait until right before serving to dress your pasta with the vegan pesto
Add your choice of colorful, crunchy veggies to give your pasta salad more flavor and crunch. I opted for cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, and bell peppers. Next add in your pesto and give it a gentle stir.
Here's an amazing recipe for a Vegan Pumpkin Seed Pesto made with basil and parsley!
If you're not serving the cold vegan pesto pasta salad immediately, chill in the fridge and wait to add the pesto right before serving. This helps keep your pesto bright green since it's exposed to less air in its container. Make sure when storing pesto, to drizzle a thin layer of olive oil on top to keep the top from oxidizing.
I hope you make this cold vegan pesto pasta salad! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You might like these other recipes!
Cold Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad
- 10 ounces macaroni pasta - or other pasta shape
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil - extra virgin
- ¾ cup vegan basil parsley pesto sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - cut in half
- ¾ cup cucumbers - sliced
- ¾ cup bell peppers - chopped
- ¼ cup red onions - diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil your pasta according to its directions. Drain and rinse under water to get rid of excess starch. If serving later, lightly drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil onto your pasta to keep them from sticking together.
- Add the pasta, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and red onion into a large bowl. Keep in the refrigerator with plastic wrap until ready to serve cold. Gently toss with the vegan pesto sauce and serve immediately.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.