Easy PF Chang’s inspired chicken lettuce wraps made with ground chicken & an Asian blend of hoisin & soy sauce. Asian chicken lettuce wraps ready in 20 minutes!
These are easy, PF Chang’s inspired chicken lettuce wraps made with ground chicken, shiitake mushrooms, water chestnuts, and a delicious Asian sauce of hoisin and soy sauce. Ready in just 20 minutes! Perfect as an appetizer for dinner parties or make a meal out of it!
Lately I’ve been craving these chicken lettuce wraps! They’re perfect as a meal during the summer as I tend to eat lighter and healthier during the warmer months. It’s a great combination of hearty, satisfying, yet light and healthy. I’ve been eating these almost every week as they’re so simple and easy to make!
Tips for Making PF Chang’s Inspired Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- Use Butter, Bibb, or Boston lettuce. They’re all different varieties under the same category of Butterhead lettuce. Iceberg lettuce can be substituted.
- Add water chestnuts or other crunchy vegetables for texture. Fresh bean sprouts or bamboo shoots would make good substitutes.
- To make it spicy, add in a chopped jalapeno or a heaping spoonful of chili garlic sauce.
- The filling can be made a day or two ahead for a fast weeknight meal.
- You can substitute with any ground meat such as pork, turkey, or beef.
Start by breaking up the ground chicken and then add the onions, mushrooms, jalapeno, and water chestnuts. Next add in the sauce and stir fry for a few more minutes.
Finish with cilantro and scallions and garnish with sesame seeds.
This is a great meal to make ahead. The filling can be made a few days ahead of time and warmed up right before serving. Perfect for a summer get together with friends and family!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I hope you make these PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You might like these other recipes!
PF Chang's Inspired Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 head lettuce butter, bibb, or iceberg
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
- cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms diced with stems removed, about 4 - 5
- 1 8oz can of water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 2 scallions chopped, white and green part separated
- 1 jalapenos minced (optional for spice)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon black rice vinegar can substitute rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Shaoxing wine can substitute mirin or any cooking wine
- 1.5 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon chili garlic sauce (optional for spice)
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl, mix together, and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over high heat and add in 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook the ground chicken for about 4 - 5 minutes until it's almost cooked through. Break up the chicken into smaller pieces.
- Add the onions, mushrooms, white part of the scallions, and jalapenos into the pan. Stir fry together for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add in the water chestnuts and the sauce. Stir fry for 4 - 5 minutes. Add in the green parts of the scallion and turn off the heat. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro for garnish. Serve inside lettuce cups.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.