These Instant Pot Asian ribs are so tender, juicy, and easy to make! Fall off the bone baby back ribs covered in a sweet and tangy Asian soy glaze! The best pressure cooker Asian ribs you’ll ever taste!
These tender, sticky Instant Pot Asian ribs are so tender and juicy and can be made in under 1 hour thanks to the Instant Pot. It's truly incredible what it can do! They're juicy, fall off the bone tender, and covered in this sweet, tangy sticky soy glaze that can be made in under 10 minutes!
This is definitely one of my top favorite ways to have ribs. Pressure cooker ribs give you this juicy, tender, meat without any of the drying out that can occur in an oven or smoker. But the best part is that it's ready in no time. Only 25 minutes of cooking!
Brush the ribs with this unbelievable soy glaze and you'll be addicted. This glaze was so good I had my friends asking for more to dip their ribs into. It's only requires 5 minutes on the stove top. In fact while the ribs are cooking in the Instant Pot, you'll have time to clean up AND make this soy glaze. Click below for the recipe:
These ribs are such a hit, you'll have people asking for more so make a few racks of these in advance. They're great as a make ahead recipe. Tightly cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate the ribs. When ready, just finish them off in the oven with the glaze. They'll be finger licking good!
Tips for Sticky Instant Pot Asian Ribs:
Start with the rub and the 'mop sauce.' Mop sauce is traditionally used for basting meat during smoking or grilling using a small kitchen 'mop', hence it's called mop sauce. It keeps the meat moist and imparts additional flavor. In this case, we're using this as a basting liquid in the Instant Pot. The ribs will be cooked and coated with this 'mop sauce' while the steam pressurizes. This adds delicious garlic and ginger flavors to the ribs.
Coat your ribs generously with the spice rub mixture and make sure to press it in firmly so that they adhere to the meat. Use a bit more on the meaty side of the rib and save about ⅓ of the mixture for the underside.
Add your steamer rack trivet to the Instant Pot and place your ribs curled with the meaty side facing outwards.
The baby back ribs will be tender and fall off the bone after 25 minutes on high pressure. Lay them on a rack placed on top of a baking sheet and then get ready to glaze!
Brush on a layer of this sweet, tangy sticky soy glaze and set them under the broiler for 4 - 6 minutes until the glaze starts to bubble and caramelize. If desired, you can brush on additional layers of this glaze and set it back under the broiler. Or you can serve the sauce on the side for dipping.
This is what the ribs look like after 3 layers of glaze.
Sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds for a delicious meal of Sticky Instant Pot Asian ribs!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Let’s stay connected! Come find me on:
Want more? Check out these recipes!
Sticky Instant Pot Asian Ribs Recipe
- 1 rack baby back pork ribs - back membrane removed
- 2 stalks scallions - chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 ½ Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried parsley
Instant Pot "mop sauce"
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 inch ginger - sliced into large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic - smashed
- Sweet and Tangy Sticky Soy Glaze - or 1 cup of your favorite rib sauce
- Remove the membrane from the back of your baby back ribs, if it's present. Take a knife and slide it under the membrane over the bone. Using a paper towel, lift out the membrane from a corner and pull it off along the length of the ribs. Pat dry.
- Combine all ingredients for the spice rub in a bowl. Rub about ⅔ of the rub mixture on the top of the ribs. Then turn the ribs over and use the remaining ⅓ rub mixture on the other side of the ribs. Firmly pat the rub in.
- Add the Instant Pot "mop sauce" ingredients into your Instant Pot container then add the steamer rack trivet into the pot. Place the ribs on top of the trivet with the meaty side curled facing outwards.
- Using the manual setting, set the pressure to high for 25 minutes. Wait 10 minutes then use the quick release valve to release the pressure.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Set the ribs on top of a rack with a baking sheet placed under it.
- Brush it with Sweet and Tangy Sticky Soy Glaze or your favorite sauce over the ribs and broil for 4 - 6 minutes until the sauce on top bubbles and caramelizes. Brush on additional layers if desired or serve the remaining glaze on the side. Watch this closely as it can easily burn. Sprinkle scallions and sesame seeds on top.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.
When you say ‘meaty side outwards’, does that mean the meat side is facing the pot sides or the bone side is up against the pot sides. Forgive if this is a dumb question, I am a newbie.
Hi Fran! You can place the ribs with the meat side facing the pot sides. There's also a photo of how it looks in the post in the post. And that's not a dumb question at all. Sorry if it wasn't clear. Hope you enjoy! 🙂
I just bought an instant pot, and this was the first recipe I tried! I find it hard to imagine I could ever live without my IP now lol!!
Your ribs recipe was great - really easy to follow, and the result was delicious. Love the flavour!!
Thanks Carol! I'm so glad this was the first recipe you tried! It's so fast and easy making ribs with the instant pot isn't it?
These ribs are amazing - they have the best flavour, and they're so simple to prepare in the instant pot.
Thanks Tara! It's a favorite in our house! 🙂
We love ribs here!! I have never thought to cook them in an instant pot. They look amazing and I bet my kids will devour them.
These ribs are so so good, especially the sauce! Love that you can make them in the instant pot!
I had no idea ribs could be made in the instant pot and so quickly too! Love the flavor of these ribs!
Wow, these look tender, fall off the bone, sticky perfection! And I love the seasonings. Trying this weekend!
These ribs are perfection. Also love that they are made in the Instant Pot.
Thanks for sharing! These ribs look amazing!
Thanks so much Karly! I hope you get to try them. They were freaking amazing. 😀