An Asian-inspired sweet and tangy sticky soy glaze that's perfect for dipping, ribs, bbq, wings, seafood, chicken, and pork. Deliciously sweet, spicy, sticky, and tangy!
This sweet and tangy sticky soy glaze is such a hit! It's so versatile, you can use this on seafood, pork, poultry, tofu, and veggies. This delicious Asian sauce only requires 5 minutes of cooking time! It's so fast and easy to make and keeps in the fridge for two weeks sealed in an airtight container.
I used this sauce to make these sticky Instant Pot Asian Ribs the other day and it was AMAZING! Check out the recipe below:
You can also use this as soy garlic wing sauce like I did with these Korean Fried Chicken wings!
This sweet and tangy soy glaze will be thick, syrupy, and stick-to-your-fingers good! Get some extra napkins ready because you'll need them!
- sticky Asian ribs
- Asian style wings
- stir fry sauce
- dipping sauce for chicken nuggets, egg rolls, fish sticks, kabobs
- seafood glaze
- Asian bbq sauce
- Asian style meatballs
Tips for making Sweet and Tangy Soy Glaze:
Add all the ingredients in a sauce pot and boil for 5 minutes. It should start to bubble up on itself and thicken up as the sauce reduces. Keep a close eye on it as it can reduce too much and start to burn. You'll know when it's ready it coats the back of a spoon.
The soy glaze will thicken up more as it cools so don't reduce this too much. It will look thinner when it's hot so I suggest spooning a little bit onto a plate and letting it cool down. The consistency should be thick like honey once it's cooled. The photo below is when the sauce has cooled. You can see how thick it is when running a spoon through it.
You can also let the soy glaze drizzle off a spoon after it's cooled. If it's reduced enough, it should slowly drip off the spoon like the photo below:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Let’s stay connected! Find me on:
Want more? Check out these recipes!
Sweet and Tangy Soy Glaze
- 3 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger - thick slices
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon Korean red pepper flakes - optional for spicy
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds - optional
- Add all the ingredients in a pot and boil it uncovered for 5 minutes or until it's reduced to your liking. Keep stirring to make sure it doesn't burn. Remove the ginger slices. Serve with on the side or use as a glaze. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
✎ Recipe Notes
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.
I made this two days in a row with the instant pot ribs! YUMMMY!
Yay! I'm so glad to hear that! Thanks for trying this soy glaze!