Easy 15 minute Asian chicken noodle soup made with a delicious Asian style broth flavored with garlic, ginger & hot chili oil. The perfect soup for cold & flu season!
There’s nothing better than a hot bowl of Asian chicken noodle soup on a cold day. This is one of my favorite soups to make when I have a cold or flu and it instantly makes me feel better. The garlicky, ginger flavored broth is so soothing and comforting, and the thin noodles and chicken fill me right up. Best of all, it’s ready in only 15 minutes!
You can make this a healthy soup by using all white meat chicken breast and adding in extra vegetables. If you’re watching your carbs, you can easily substitute with low carb noodles or zoodles. For those that are gluten intolerant, substitute rice noodles.
The hot chili oil and fresh chili peppers add a kick of spice which I love in Asian soups but you can easily leave it out or add more depending on your spice preference. This Asian chicken noodle soup is something my family asks for whenever they’re feel a cold or flu coming on and it’s so easy to make. The perfect cold and flu fighting soup!
How to Make 15 Minute Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
All you need is a handful of ingredients to make this soothing Asian chicken noodle soup:
- pre-cooked or leftover chicken
- chicken broth
- somen noodles – a thin Asian noodle made of wheat flour, similar to angel hair pasta
- aromatics – garlic, ginger
- fresh herbs
Simple, Flavorful Asian Soup Broth
The first step in making flavorful Asian soup broth is to flavor your oil. This is important because oil is great at bringing out and holding onto flavors. Fry the smashed garlic, ginger, and scallions in a neutral vegetable oil. Once they’re golden brown, add in the chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
Once the broth is ready, ladle it over your noodles and top with the fresh herbs and chicken. Drizzle on hot chili oil for a bit of spice. The easiest, 15 minute Asian chicken noodle soup!
Variations on Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
This soup is super versatile and can be made with other ingredients you have on hand. Feel free to switch up the noodles, herbs, and aromatics. Asian noodle soups are meant to be forgiving and easily adaptable. I’ve even made this soup with pasta noodles when I didn’t have somen noodles on hand and it was still delicious!
- Noodles – if you can’t find somen noodles, you can use thin rice noodles or even angle hair pasta
- Fresh herbs – any fresh herbs you prefer, Thai basil, chives, etc
- Aromatics – onions, shallots
- Additional veggies – mushrooms, cabbage, carrots
- Extra spice – jalapenos, Thai chili pepper, sriracha
I hope you enjoy this easy 15 minute Asian chicken noodle soup! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Let’s stay connected!
- Come find me on: Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates!
Want more? Check out these other recipes!
15 Minute Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- 4 oz somen noodles about two servings
- 1 large chicken breast pre-cooked, sliced or shredded
- 1 medium fresno chili pepper sliced
- 2 stalks scallions
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves for garnish
- Boil the somen noodles according to the instructions and divide them into your serving bowls. Be sure not to overcook them as they're thin and don't require much time.
- Meanwhile, add the avocado oil, garlic, ginger, and white parts of the scallion in a large pot and turn the heat to medium high. The garlic, ginger, and scallion will start to sizzle and flavor the oil. When the garlic turns a golden brown, add in the chicken stock, water, and fish sauce to the pot and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, add the pre-cooked chicken and turn off the heat.
- Remove the garlic, ginger, and scallion from the broth. Taste and season the broth for salt if needed. Ladle the chicken soup over the noodles your bowls and place the chicken on top. Drizzle on top the sesame oil and hot chili oil. Garnish with cilantro leaves, red chilis, and the green parts of the scallion. Serve immediately.