Try this Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast Copycat! Tender chicken breast and green beans stir fried with a delicious Asian soy ginger garlic sauce!
This Panda Express string bean chicken breast copycat is ready in 15 minutes and just as good as the original, if not better! This chicken and green beans stir fry has crispy string beans and tender chicken breast in a savory soy, garlic, ginger sauce. Enjoy this takeout recipe at home in no time!
I've been recipe testing a lot of chicken breast stir fry recipes lately because I'm hooked on how fast and easy they are to make! Chicken breast is great at absorbing the flavors of the marinade and they cook up quickly in a hot wok or pan. This string bean chicken recipe has become one of my go to weeknight meals because it's so easy to make and always satisfying.
The flavors in this Panda Express string bean chicken breast are savory and garlicky with a touch of sweetness. There's a lot of umami flavor from the soy sauce and oyster sauce which goes perfectly in any stir fries. The string beans are still crunchy and add a lot of texture to this delicious meal. Serve it with a hot bowl of steamed rice on the side for a quick and satisfying Asian lunch or dinner.
Steps for Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast:
- Marinate the chicken breast - the longer the better as you'll end up with tender, juicy chicken breast
- Prepare the sauce and vegetables
- Stir fry the chicken breast and set aside
- Stir fry the green beans and onions, then add in your chicken and sauce
Serve your string bean chicken with a hot bowl of steamed rice for a simple and quick weeknight meal. You can also make extra and have it for lunch the next day. This meal is great as a leftover and reheats nicely.
Add More Vegetables:
- water chestnuts
Want more veggies with your chicken and green beans? Add in extra vegetables along with the string beans and stir fry them together for about 2 - 3 minutes until they're just tender but still crispy. Be careful adding too many vegetables to your pan or wok. They can start to steam instead of being stir fried so make sure your vegetables are in a single layer to prevent them from steaming and getting mushy.
Make it Spicy:
Want your chicken and green beans spicy? Mix any of the following into the sauce (affiliate links):
What to Serve with Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast:
I hope you make this Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast Copycat! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You might like these other recipes!
Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast Copycat
- 1 lb chicken breast thinly sliced, about ¼ inch thick
- 1½ cups green beans cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup white onions chopped, about ⅓ of a large white onion
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 Tablespoons chicken stock can substitute with water
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce can substitute regular soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar can substitute rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ teaspoon ginger grated
Optional - Add ONE of the following to the sauce if you want it spicy
- In a medium size bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade and add in the thinly sliced chicken breast. I recommend letting this marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to overnight. Otherwise, let this sit while you prep the other ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a wok or pan over high heat and add oil. Wait until the pan is hot and then lay the chicken pieces flat in a single layer - leave out the marinade. In order to get a good sear, don't crowd the pan and leave the chicken pieces alone until you get a golden brown color, anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Flip over the chicken and repeat. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the green beans and white onions to the pan and saute for 2 - 3 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and add the chicken back in.
- Next add in the sauce - use about half if you prefer less sauce(stir the sauce before adding it as the cornstarch will settle). Saute everything together for 1 - 2 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Top with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.