Better than takeout and ready in 20 minutes! Pad See Ew is a MUST try Thai noodle dish. Stir fried rice noodles in a delicious soy sauce base. Easy ONE pan recipe!
I love getting takeout at Thai restaurants and one of my favorite things to orders is Pad See Ew. This is one of those dishes that you can’t go wrong with. It’s a savory Thai stir fried rice noodle dish with an assortment of veggies and meat all mixed in a delicious soy sauce base. It’s sweet, tangy, savory, and has all those yummy Thai flavors you crave! These Thai noodles make a perfect dinner for when you’re craving takeout but don’t want to leave your home!
Traditionally, pad see ew is made with broccoli and egg but you can add other vegetables such as carrots, onions, and mushroom if you like more veggies. Thinly sliced tofu or meat such as chicken, beef, or pork would make good additions as well.
Pad See Ew Tips:
Start by soaking your wide rice noodles in hot water to make them pliable. While they’re soaking, mix together your sauce and prep your veggies. Then, you’re ready to stir fry and dinner will be ready in no time!
You want your rice noodles to be soft enough to bend without breaking. Soaking them in hot water helps them soften up and cuts down on cooking time. Instead of boiling them separately in a pot, they’ll cook right in the pan so they can absorb as much of the pad see ew sauce as possible.
Saute your vegetables and set them aside until the rice noodles are cooked. This ensures that the vegetables stay crisp and don’t overcook when adding the noodles. Add everything together at the last moment and toss in the pan for a minute longer. You’ll have crunchy vegetables and perfectly tender noodles that have soaked up that delicious sauce! Enjoy this takeout favorite at home!
I hope you enjoy this pad see ew Thai noodles!! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Want more? Check out these other recipes!
Pad See Ew Thai Noodles
- 10 oz dried wide rice noodles
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cups broccolini cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 large eggs
- ½ large carrot sliced
- Soak the dry rice noodles in hot water for about 10 - 20 minutes or until ready to cook.
- Meanwhile, mix together the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Over high heat, add 1 Tablespoon of oil and quickly stir fry the broccoli and carrots for about 1 - 2 minutes. Remove and set aside. Then crack two eggs into the pan and quickly scramble and set aside. Add more oil if necessary.
- Lower to medium high heat. Drain the noodles and add them to the well-oiled pan along with the sauce. The noodles will begin to soften more as it cooks in the sauce. If needed, add 1/4 cup more water at a time as the noodles will cook and absorb more of the sauce. When the noodles are cooked through, add the vegetables and egg to the pan. Toss together for one more minute and then serve.