Roasted chipotle cauliflower tacos ready in under 30 minutes! Smokey, tangy, spicy chipotle flavored cauliflower taco meat roasted to golden brown perfection!
These roasted chipotle cauliflower tacos are so full of flavor and so easy to make! They’re smokey and spicy from the chipotle powder and ancho chile powder with a bit of zest from the lime juice. A perfect meal for when you want a lighter version of tacos.
I love tacos because of how versatile they are. They lend themselves to pretty much any type of flavor and filling. Making chipotle cauliflower taco meat is pretty much the easiest thing ever. Cauliflower is pretty neutral so it takes on any flavor it’s cooked with. The flavors here are smokey and spicy from the chipotle powder and a bit earthy from the ancho chile powder. It’s an amazing flavor combination with a good squeeze of lime juice.
What to serve with Roasted Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos:
- roasted corn salsa
- Bolivian salsa (Llajua)
- More vegetarian tacos! (Hawaiian Tofu Tacos with Grilled Pineapple from Sweet VegTable)
What exactly is chipotle?
Chipotle is made from aged red jalapenos peppers that are dried and then smoked for several days. They taste smokey, earthy, and spicy. A really delicious way to add heat and flavor to any Mexican dish.
Simply toss the cauliflower pieces with oil and chipotle powder & other seasonings and roast them in the oven until they become golden brown. Top your roasted chipotle cauliflower tacos with crunchy radish slices, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno for more heat. Leave out the cotija cheese if you want to keep these vegan.
I hope you like these roasted chipotle cauliflower tacos! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You might like these other vegetarian recipes:
Roasted Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos
- 5 - 6 corn tortillas
Roasted Chipotle Cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite size pieces, roughly 2.5 cups
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle powder use less to make it less spicy
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup radishes thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- optional 1/4 cup of cotija cheese (feta can be substituted)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the cauliflower pieces with the oil, chipotle powder, ancho chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt & pepper. Toss together until the cauliflower pieces are evenly coated.
- Put the cauliflower on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, flipping the pieces halfway through. The cauliflower pieces should be golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat your corn tortillas in a lightly greased pan over medium high heat.
- Squeeze lime juice over the cauliflower pieces once it's out of the oven and assemble your tacos. Top with thinly sliced red onion, cilantro, radishes, jalapeno, and cotija cheese.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.