An easy recipe for classic keto deviled eggs! With only 1 gram net carbs per serving, these keto deviled eggs are a perfect low carb snack or appetizer!
These classic keto deviled eggs are so easy to make, don’t require a ton of ingredients, and are super versatile. Combine them with different seasonings and toppings for more variety. The perfect low carb snack or appetizer!
I’m a huge fan of eggs. I love keeping hard boiled eggs in the fridge because they make a perfect protein filled snack. I usually like to eat one or two eggs after an intense workout since they’re full of protein and it’s much faster to reach for one than it is to make a protein smoothie. I had some leftover deviled eggs from the day before and ended up eating these for a post workout snack and I. felt. fancy. 😀 Probably not the most typical post workout snack but it was delicious and just what I needed. They’re also great for an appetizer or a picnic! 😀
Tips for Classic Keto Deviled Eggs:
The Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Eggs – start with room temperature eggs. They won’t cool down the water as much and will cook more evenly. Keep on your counter top for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Water – Add enough water to cover the eggs by about 1.5 inches. When the water comes to a rolling boil, turn off the heat and let the eggs sit for 12 – 14 minutes.
- Peeling the Eggs – Peel one egg to see if it’s cooked to your liking. There’s many factors that affect cooking time and temperature, such as altitude, pot size, how much heat your pot retains, etc. Start by lightly tapping your egg against a flat surface so that the shells don’t pierce the eggs. If you want the yolks cooked more, leave in the hot pan for 5 more minutes, or heat on the stovetop for 1-2 more minutes
Gently scoop out the yolk with a small spoon and add all the seasoning to a small bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork until you get a smooth texture. Feel free to add extra seasonings at this step. See below for suggestions!
- Not a mayo fan? Substitute with:
- avocado – replace with the same amount of avocado
- vegetable oil – start with 2 Tablespoons of oil and add more as needed to get a smooth texture
- hummus – add a tangy kick with this chickpea spread
- yogurt – use a thicker Greek or French yogurt
- sour cream – for an extra rich and creamy filling
- bacon bits
- blue cheese or feta cheese
- smoked salmon or lox
- whatever you want! 🙂
These classic keto deviled eggs can be made ahead the day before and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
I hope you make this recipe! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Check out these other low carb recipes!
Easy Classic Keto Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs large, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- smoked paprika for garnish
- parsley chopped for garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
Boiling the Eggs
- Add your eggs into a pot in a single layer and add enough water to cover by about 1.5 inches above the eggs. Cover the pot and turn the heat to high. When the water comes to a rolling boil, turn off the heat and leave the pot covered for 13 - 15 minutes. Check one egg to see if it's cooked to your liking.
- Remove the shells under cold running water and place them on a paper towel. Slice the eggs in half and carefully scoop out the yolks into a small bowl.
Assemble the Filling
- Add the mayo, vinegar, dijon mustard, and garlic powder to your egg yolks and start mashing them together until you get a smooth mixture. Season with salt & pepper to taste. For a smoother texture, you can use a hand mixer or food processor.
- Fill each egg white half with even amounts of the yolk mixture. Use a small spoon or fill the yolk mixture into a piping bag.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and sprinkle smoked paprika on top