Flavor packed grilled chicken sausage kabobs with colorful summer veggies. Make on the grill, stovetop or oven! A perfect recipe for summer grilling & bbqs!
Get ready for summer time grilling because these grilled chicken sausage kabobs are perfect for the summer! Smoked chicken sausage with colorful peppers and onions is such a great combination of flavors and colors. Just looking at these colors make me so excited for backyard grills and bbqs.
Tips for Grilled Chicken Sausage Kabobs:
Making these couldn't be any easier. I got pre-made smoked chicken sausage and cut them into 1" to 1.5" slices. I used Aidelles Chicken & Apple Smoked Chicken Sausages which turned out amazing but any kind will do! I especially like the hint of apple flavor in these kabobs because it adds a subtle sweetness.
Next, cut up any vegetables you have that are good for grilling. Look for vegetables that hold up well on the grill and won't break apart. Peppers, onions, mushrooms, carrots, zucchinis, and squash would all be wonderful. It's important to cut up your veggies to be relatively the same diameter as your sausage. Any veggies that stick out will burn or overcook so you want them to be somewhat uniform in shape and size.
Next, throw everything into a large bowl and drizzle in oil, garlic powder, salt, & pepper! Feel free to add any additional seasonings you'd like. This is a base recipe that can be expanded on.
Other seasonings to add:
- dried parsley, oregano, rosemary, thyme
- paprika, smoked paprika, dried ancho chili powder
- coriander, cumin, curry powder, onion powder
- soy sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, fish sauce
- agave, brown sugar, honey, maple syrup (if adding sweetener, watch carefully as it can burn quickly)
Cooking Methods for Grilled Chicken Sausage Kabobs:
- Outdoor grill: place them on a well greased, pre-heated grill and cook on each side until you see nice grill lines (about 2 - 3 minutes). Flip them and repeat.
- Indoor grill pan: Pre-heat your grill pan and grease with avocado oil or any other oil with a high smoke point. When the grill pan is on high heat, lay your kabobs down on one side and do not flip until you see nice grill lines (about 3 - 4 minutes). Flip them over and repeat on the other side.
- Oven: Set your oven to broil and lay the kabobs on the center rack. Flip them over after you start to see a nice char on the kabobs. For my oven, it took about 3 minutes but every oven is different so keep an eye on them.
Store these kabobs in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I wouldn't recommend freezing them as it will affect the texture of the vegetables.
I hope you make these grilled chicken sausage kabobs! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Check out these other recipes perfect for summer!
Grilled Chicken Sausage Kabobs
- 5 links smoked chicken sausage - cut into 1.5" pieces
- 2 cups bell peppers - red, green, yellow, and orange bell peppers, cut into 1.5" pieces
- ½ red onion - cut into 1.5" pieces
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste - see Notes for additional seasoning options
- 5 wooden skewers - 10"
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Soak the wooden skewers in a shallow dish to prevent burning on the grill
- Meanwhile, add all the chopped peppers, onions, and smoked chicken sausage into a large bowl. Add the oil, garlic powder, salt & pepper, and any additional seasonings to the bowl and toss them to coat.
- Thread the peppers, onions, and sausage with the skewer. Alternate each piece so that the sausage and vegetables are nicely arranged.
- Heat and grease your grill or grill pan. Cook on each side until you get grill marks, about 3 - 5 minutes depending on how hot your grill is. For the broiler, lay them on a single layer and flip them when you see a nice char (about 2 - 3 minutes).
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
✎ Recipe Notes
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.
These delicious kabobs are a TREAT! It is such a clever idea to use chicken sausage. They look colourful and appetising, and they didn't last for long! 🙂
Thanks Greta! So glad you enjoyed them! 🙂
The thing that attracted me to this recipe was definitely the presentation. Wow. Normally when I cook sausage and veg it does not look like this, but tonight I felt like such a professional chef when I presented these to my husband! Super tasty, too!
Thanks for the kind words Hope! 🙂
Those colours!! I love the simplicity and bright and fresh flavours of this recipe. Surprisingly I've never made saugage kababs, only regular kababs with mince. So now I know how to remedy that😀
Yay Shinta! Isn't it so simple using sausages? It's the easiest thing ever! I hope you enjoy these! 🙂
I love that you used chicken sausage instead pork. Delicious.
Thank you Luci! Just trying to keep things a bit lighter for summer hehe. 😉
I'm so excited it is finally grill weather! Can't wait to make these colorful kebabs!
I'm so excited for grilling season too Emily! I hope you love these! 🙂
Anita @ Daily Cooking Quest
This is as close to instant kabob as anyone can get. I think I'll try to grab a variety of sausages and throw a grill party this weekend.
Yes that's a great idea Anita! It would taste so good with a variety for sure! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
So colorful and satisfying; I can't wait to throw these on the grill for dinner tonight!
Thank you Sarah! I hope you loved it! 🙂
So full of colours and delicious flavours, it's such a perfect summer bbq recipe! I love that it uses chicken sausage instead of beef or pork too so that the kebobs are lighter 🙂
Thank you Sylvie! Yes I tried to make it a bit lighter with chicken sausage and adding tons of veggies. I'm more a veggie person myself personally. I hope you enjoy this! 🙂
Annie @ Annie's Noms
Your photos are stunning, I want to reach through the screen and grab one of these gorgeous kabobs! They look so full of flavour and just perfect for enjoying on a Summer's weekend!
Thank you so much Annie! Haha I wish I could give you one of these kabobs! I hope you enjoy them. 🙂
The colors are enticing!!! This is a perfect idea for a backyard get together!
Thanks Tisha! Yes I love making and eating colorful foods! 🙂
Superb and delicious starter option for any party. Looks perfect and colorful too.
Thank you so much Veena! I hope you enjoy this one!
These kabobs look so delicious and colorful! Can't wait to try this recipe soon on our traditional summer BBQ party!
Thank you Natalie! Yes please do try at your next summer bbq! I hope you and your family/friends enjoy them!