A delicious pineapple agua fresca that's perfect for those hot summer days! Sweet pineapple, water, lime juice & sweetener blended together to make a refreshing drink!
Pineapple agua fresca is a light, refreshing drink made of blended pineapples, water, lime, and sweetener. It's a popular drink in Mexico during the summer time because it's hydrating, flavorful, and tropical!
For more flavors, check out How to Make Aguas Frescas – 7 Refreshing Flavors!
This pineapple drink is perfect for entertaining or serving large parties. You can even make it a day ahead and store it in the fridge. It's the perfect non-alcoholic summertime drink for your friends and family!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Pineapple - use sweet, juicy pineapples. If they're not in season, you can use frozen pineapples.
- Lime - fresh squeezed lime juice is best.
- Sweetener of your choice - sugar, agave, honey, stevia
- Filtered water - use cold water if you want to serve immediately or serve over ice.
- Herbs - add your favorite herbs to make this pineapple agua fresca more interesting. Mint, rosemary, basil, or thyme are wonderful!
Expert tips & tricks
- I recommend straining the pineapple pulp for a smooth drink. Otherwise, use a high speed blender to finely puree the pulp.
- Add more fruit to make this a mixed fruit drink! My favorite are combinations are: pineapple orange, pineapple kiwi, and pineapple strawberry
- If you're adding fresh herbs, muddle the herbs or gently bruise them to extract more flavors.
- Add frozen pineapple chunks to your pitcher to keep it cold during the hot weather.
- Garnish with a slice of pineapple or lime on the side.
- Rim your glass with sugar for a festive presentation!
More recipes to try:
- How to Make Aguas Frescas – 7 Refreshing Flavors
- Hawaiian Pineapple Fried Rice
- Sweet & Tangy Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
- Homemade Korean Strawberry Milk
- Watermelon Balls with Lime and Mint Simple Syrup
- How to Make Homemade Coconut Milk with Fresh or Shredded Coconut
Pineapple Agua Fresca
- 5 cups fresh pineapple - - about 1 large pineapple
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice - - add more if desired
- fresh herbs - - (optional) mint, basil, rosemary, thyme
- slices of lime or pineapple for garnish
Sweetener (choose ONE, adjust according to taste)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup agave
- ¼ cup honey
- liquid stevia drops
- Add the pineapple chunks and water in a high speed blender and puree until smooth. Don't fill your blender more than two-thirds of the way full. Work in batches if needed.
- (Optional) Strain the pineapple pulp for a smoother consistency with a medium sieve.
- Pour the pineapple juice in a large pitcher and add the sweetener and lime juice. Adjust according to how sweet your pineapple is. If using herbs, muddle them gently before adding them to the pitcher. Serve chilled or over ice. Makes about 8 cups.
✎ Recipe Notes
- Make this ahead the day before serving and store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to one day.
- I recommend adding frozen pineapple chunks to the agua fresca to keep it cold.
- This recipe is featured in How to Make Aguas Frescas - 7 Refreshing Flavors
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.
This was delicious! I used frozen pineapple instead since it’s all I had 👍
Thanks Allison! So glad you liked it. 🙂
Yum!! This agua fresca is the best I have ever had. I used to buy it from the deli down the road, and it wasn't cheap - I will now be able to save money by making this at home, and it tastes much better!
Pineapple is a favourite of my families.. I am always looking for creative ways to use it. My kids were very excited to try this! We used honey as a sweetener, and added a little sparkling mineral water at the end for fun.