Refreshing cantaloupe agua fresca made with fresh cantaloupe melon, water, lime, and sweetener of your choice! The perfect cantaloupe drink for the summer!
This cantaloupe agua fresca is a fantastic way to cool off during the hot summer months. It’s a light, refreshing drink made of blended cantaloupe with water, lime juice, and sweetener of your choice.
Add any fresh herbs to give this refreshing cantaloupe drink more flavor. My favorite herbs to add are mint, rosemary, basil, or thyme.
For more flavors, check out How to Make Aguas Frescas – 7 Refreshing Flavors!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s a great way to use up cantaloupe during the summer!
- Healthier than juice since this agua fresca is a lighter drink that consists of mostly water and blended fruit.
- Hydrating, cooling, and a delicious way to quench your thirst.
- Perfect for picnics, entertaining outdoors, and serving your friends and family.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Cantaloupe melon – use ripe, in-season melons for the best flavor
- Cold, filtered water
- Lime – fresh squeezed lime juice is best
- Sweetener of your choice – sugar, agave, honey, stevia
- Herbs – optional but I recommend mint, basil, rosemary, or thyme
Step by step instructions
Add the cantaloupe and water into a high speed blender and puree until smooth. Try not to fill your blender more than two-thirds of the way up. Work in batch if needed.
Optional: Strain the cantaloupe juice using a medium sieve to remove the pulp. I highly recommend this if you want an ultra smooth agua fresca. Otherwise, you can keep it in for extra fiber.
Pour it into a large pitcher and add the lime juice and sweetener according to taste. Serve chilled or over ice. Garnish with cantaloupe or lime slices.
Expert tips & tricks
- It’s best to use sweet, ripe cantaloupe because it blends up easier.
- Give it a taste before adding sugar. If your cantaloupe is very sweet, reduce the amount of sweetener or you can skip it.
- Freeze a portion of the cantaloupe agua fresca in ice cube trays and add them to the pitcher before serving. This helps keep it cold without diluting the flavor.
- Makes about 8 cups total.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one day.
- You can make this ahead the day before. Store it in an airtight container.
- If you’re adding herbs, muddle the herbs beforehand to infuse more flavor into the agua fresca.
- Garnish with cantaloupe or lime slices. Rim the glass with sugar for a better presentation.
More recipes to try:
- How to Make Aguas Frescas – 7 Refreshing Flavors
- Homemade Korean Strawberry Milk
- How to Make Homemade Coconut Milk with Fresh or Shredded Coconut
- Vegetarian Summer Rolls with 3 Dipping Sauces
- 15 Minute Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Cantaloupe Agua Fresca
- 5 cups cantaloupe – about 1 large cantaloupe melon
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice – add more if desired
- fresh herbs – mint, basil, rosemary, thyme – (optional)
- lime or cantaloupe slices for garnish – (optional)
Sweetener (choose ONE, adjust according to taste)
- 1 – 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 – 3 Tablespoons agave
- 1 – 3 Tablespoons honey
- liquid stevia drops
- Add the cantaloupe and water in a high speed blender and blend together until smooth. Avoid filling your blender more than two-thirds of the way full. Work in batches if needed.
- (Optional) Strain the cantaloupe juice to get a smooth consistency and remove the pulp. A medium sieve is best for this.
- Pour the cantaloupe agua fresca in a large pitcher and add the lime juice and sweetener. If using herbs, muddle them before adding them in. Serve chilled or over ice. Makes 8 cups.
- Make this ahead a day in advance. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to one day.
- Taste before adding sweetener. If your cantaloupe is very sweet, it may need very little sugar.
- This recipe is featured in How to Make Aguas Frescas – 7 Refreshing Flavors
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.