Sweet, tropical mango agua fresca that's a perfect mango drink for the summer! Mango blended with lime juice and water, then lightly sweetened to taste.
This mango agua fresca is a sweet, refreshing drink to have during the summertime. A popular drink in Mexico, it's made by blending fresh mangos with water and lime juice.
Make this mango agua fresca more interesting and flavorful by adding herbs! Mint, rosemary, thyme, or basil are great options for this mango drink.
For more flavors, check out How to Make Aguas Frescas – 7 Refreshing Flavors!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It's a great tropical drink to serve your guests during the summertime! Set out a large pitcher and watch it disappear!
- A wonderful way to use up overripe mango. You can even substitute with frozen mango.
- It's refreshing and healthy - a lighter version than mango juice with less sugar.
- A fantastic way to hydrate during the hot weather.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Mangos - use fresh, ripe mangos for the best flavor. Frozen mangos can be substituted. Any variety of mangos would work for this recipe.
- Filtered water
- Lime - freshly squeeze lime juice is recommended
- Sweetener of your choice - agave, honey, sugar, or stevia
- Herbs - optional herbs include mint, thyme, rosemary, basil
Step by step instructions
Add your peeled mango and water to a high speed blender. Fill it up as high as two-thirds of the way full. Blend until it's pureed together.
I recommend straining the pulp if you want a smooth drink. Otherwise, leave in the pulp.
Add the lime juice and sweetener. If your mangos are very sweet, reduce the amount of sweetener added. If adding herbs, muddle them first before adding them in.
Expert tips & tricks
- Muddling the herbs helps infuse their flavor into the mango agua fresca.
- It's best to use a medium sieve to strain out the mango pulp. A fine mesh strain would be too fine and may take too long to strain out the juice.
- Freeze a portion of the mango agua fresca in ice cube trays. Add them to the pitcher before serving to keep it cold without diluting the flavor.
- Add fresh pieces of mango in each glass before serving for an extra treat!
- Rim the glasses with lime sugar for better presentation.
- Serve chilled or over ice.
- Garnish with mango or lime slices.
- Makes 6 to 7 cups.
More recipes to try:
- How to Make Aguas Frescas – 7 Refreshing Flavors
- Homemade Korean Strawberry Milk
- How to Make Homemade Coconut Milk with Fresh or Shredded Coconut
- Chilled Vegan Cucumber Avocado Soup – Gluten Free & Keto
- Cold Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad
Mango Agua Fresca
- 3 cups mango - about 2 or 3 mangos
- 4½ cups filtered water
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice - add more if desired
- fresh herbs - mint, basil, rosemary, thyme - (optional)
- mango or lime slices for garnish - (optional)
Sweetener (choose ONE, adjust according to taste)
- 1 - 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 - 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 - 3 Tablespoons agave
- liquid stevia drops
- Peel your mango and cut them into large chunks. Add the mango and water to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- (Optional) Strain the mango juice with a medium sieve to remove the pulp and fiber.
- Pour the mango agua fresca into a large pitcher and add the lime juice and sweetener. Adjust the sweetener according to how sweet your mango is. If using herbs, muddle them before adding them in. Serve chilled or over ice. Makes 6 to 7 cups.
- Make ahead a day in advance. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one day.
- Substitute frozen mangos if fresh mangos are not in season.
- This recipe is featured in How to Make Aguas Frescas - 7 Refreshing Flavors
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.