These vegan cucumber hummus bites are an easy summer appetizer that’s perfect for bbqs. An easy make ahead appetizer that’s served cold for the summer!
These vegan cucumber hummus bites are the perfect cold summer appetizer, and they’re so easy to make! They’re super refreshing and make a great side or appetizer for summer bbqs. The reason I love these vegan cucumber bites is because they’re a great contrast to heavier grilled entrees that are found at most summer bbqs.
I love a good summer bbq but my favorite part is actually all the refreshing and light sides & appetizers that accompany the main dishes. Deep down, I’m a total snacker and so I love having a variety of summer appetizers I can snack on. These cucumber hummus bites really are the perfect summer finger food because they can be made ahead the day before and served cold!
Serving Suggestions for Vegan Cucumber Hummus Bites:
- Make ahead the day before and cover tightly with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container
- OR store the cucumber bites directly on the serving platter so you can serve them straight out of the fridge for a cold summer appetizer.
- Serve cold appetizers on top of a tray filled with ice to keep them chilled
- To keep your fingers clean, skewer the cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes on a wooden skewer and serve hummus on the side.
Variations for Cucumber Bites:
- Low carb & keto suggestions. Replace hummus with:
- yogurt or cream cheese (I really like the Kite Hill brand for vegan yogurt & cream cheese)
- sun dried tomatoes
- artichoke hearts
- kalamata olives
So I admit I feel a little silly posting a recipe for these vegan cucumber hummus bites because they’re literally just cucumber slices with hummus and cherry tomatoes on top, but they’re such a great outdoor party appetizer that I wanted to share.
I hope you make these vegan cucumber hummus bites! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Try these other vegan dishes perfect for summer!
Vegan Cucumber Hummus Bites
- 1 large english cucumber sliced about 1/3" inch thick
- 1 ½ cups hummus roughly 10 oz container
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Arrange cucumber slices on a plate and top with about 1 Tablespoon of hummus. Next top each slice with quartered cherry tomatoes.
- If making ahead, seal tightly with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container and serve cold the next day for a chilled summer appetizer.