These Keto Taco Stuffed Avocado Boats are a tasty twist on Mexican tacos by using avocado taco boats! An easy low carb meal using taco stuffed avocados! Only 7 grams net carbs!
These keto taco stuffed avocado boats are the perfect low carb meal for the summer time! There’s something about summer that makes me crave Mexican food – tacos, burritos, guacamole, salsas, agua frescas. I grew up eating my fair share of Tex-Mex food. I absolutely love any kind of twist on Mexican food and these keto taco stuffed avocados are the perfect twist on the traditional taco.
Guacamole + Tacos = Keto Taco Stuffed Avocados
My favorite thing about this recipe is how it marries two of my favorite Mexican dishes – guacamole and tacos! How can you go wrong with this combination? Creamy, fatty avocado topped with spicy taco meat filling and then finished with a squeeze of zesty lime.
The best thing of all is that it’s also low carb! Every now and then, my body tells me I’ve been eating too much cake and I would agree. I usually try to avoid process carbs whenever that happens, which always ends up with me wondering what I should eat. I’m slowly starting to build up a collection of tried and true low carb recipes and these keto taco stuffed avocados is definitely making that list!
Start with your taco filling which is naturally keto friendly. I added chili powder along with some warming spices like coriander, cumin, and paprika. Add a dash of cayenne powder to make it spicy!
While your meat is cooking, chop all the veggies for your taco toppings. Use whatever you would normally put on your tacos. Once your taco meat is ready, all you have to do is assemble the avocado boats.
Choosing the perfect avocado
There’s no such thing as the perfect avocado at the store. 🙂 Buy them underripe and ripen them on your counter until they give in just a little when squeezed. That’s when they’re ready!
Serving suggestions for Keto Taco Stuffed Avocados
- Serve as an appetizer, side, or main entree
- Add whole lettuce leaves and make lettuce tacos
- Add your favorite hot sauce or salsa for added heat
- Perfect for a picnic or bbq since they come in their own bowl!
I hope you make this recipe! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Check out these other low carb recipes!
Keto Taco Stuffed Avocado Boats
- 2 avocados large
- 1 lb lean ground meat beef, chicken, turkey can be used
- 1/3 cup yellow onions diced
- 1/3 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder optional for spice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup red onions diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 tbsp cotija cheese feta can be substituted
- lime wedges
- Add oil to a large pan and saute the yellow onions over medium high heat. When it starts to get translucent, add the ground meat and break it apart with a spatula as it cooks. Once cooked through, drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Next, add the taco seasonings along with 1/4 cup of water and allow it to simmer over medium low heat. Once most of the water has reduced, turn off the heat.
- Cut your avocados in half and remove the pit. Rub lime juice on the surface to keep them from browning.
- Generously scoop the taco filling into your avocado halves and add the taco toppings. Sprinkle cotija cheese and top and finish with a squeeze of lime.
- 7 grams net carbs per avocado half
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.