Make this colorful rainbow cabbage salad recipe that's healthy, delicious, and full of crunch! Red and green cabbage make the perfect base for any veggies. Serve with a vinaigrette dressing for a light and healthy meal.
This healthy rainbow cabbage salad is so colorful and full of texture and crunch! It's full of red and green cabbage, carrots, and three types of peppers. It's refreshing and light and can be used in a variety of ways.
Ways to Use Rainbow Cabbage Salad
- use it as a cabbage slaw in tacos
- replace rice or beans in a low carb meal
- pair with proteins - grilled chicken, pork, kebabs, seafood
Pair with this Spice Rubbed Oven Baked Salmon Recipe for an amazing weeknight dinner!
Ingredients in Rainbow Cabbage Salad
For this rainbow cabbage salad, you can use whatever veggies you have on hand. Cabbage has a pretty neutral taste so it makes the perfect base for any salad ingredients. I happened to have a lot of peppers in the fridge so I used them along with some carrots. Cucumbers, tomatoes, kale, avocado, zucchini would all be wonderful as well.
I suggest you use a mandoline for this recipe. It gives you uniform pieces in a short amount of time, and you can adjust the thickness very easily.
The vinaigrette is a simple, clean recipe that works for any salads. The white balsamic vinegar adds a bright, crisp flavor that compliments the flavors of this salad.
You might like these other recipes!
Healthy Rainbow Cabbage Salad
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 large carrot - julienned
- ½ cup julienned red and orange bell peppers
- 2 poblano peppers - julienned
White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar - or rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon agave - optional for sweetness
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine red and green cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, and poblano pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, agave, garlic, and salt & pepper. Dress the salad right before serving.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.