This lobster salad is full of sweet, juicy lobster meat lightly dressed with mayo, lemon juice, and celery. It's served on a bed of lettuce leaves for an easy lobster salad that's great for the summer, holidays, or any occasion!
This lobster salad is piled high with sweet, buttery lobster meat lightly dressed in an easy mayo-based dressing that highlights the lobster! It's an elegant but easy salad to serve during the summertime in New England because it's served cold, and the summer is when lobsters are aplenty.
Of course, it also makes an excellent dish or appetizer all year round, especially during the holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving.
What makes this the best lobster salad is how fast and easy it can be made. Specifically, it only requires six ingredients and is ready in just ten minutes. It's also incredibly versatile and can be as casual or as fancy as you'd like it to be.
For example, to make it fancy, serve as a cold lobster appetizer by making individual servings in lettuce cups, which work great for large parties. Or keep it casual by serving it family-style with sides of corn on the cob, chowder, and crusty bread.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves thoroughly to prevent the salad from getting soggy.
- Next, add the mayonnaise, celery, chives, and lemon juice to a medium bowl and mix.
- Add the lobster meat and gently toss until evenly coated with the dressing. Take care not to break apart the lobster. Then season with salt and pepper to taste, and chill in the fridge if not served immediately.
- To assemble, fan the lettuce leaves out on a plate and pile the lobster salad on top. Place the claws on top for presentation. Finally, garnish with more chives and serve with lemon wedges.
Variations & Substitutions
- 3 cups cooked lobster meat - chopped, about 16 oz
- 1 head lettuce - leaves washed and dried well
- ¼ cup mayonnaise - or more
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⅓ Tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper - to taste
- Make the dressing: Add the mayonnaise, celery, chives, and lemon juice to a medium bowl and mix. Next, add the lobster meat and gently toss until evenly coated with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the fridge if not serving immediately.3 cups cooked lobster meat, ¼ cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup finely diced celery, 2 Tablespoons chopped chives, 1⅓ Tablespoons lemon juice, salt & pepper
- Assemble: Lay the lettuce leaves on a plate with the leaves fanning out. Lastly, pile the lobster salad high on the lettuce, reserving the claw meat for the top for the best presentation. Serve immediately and enjoy!1 head lettuce
✎ Recipe Notes
- Types of lettuce: Butter, Bibb, or Boston lettuce work best for their mild flavor but any type of lettuce works.
- Add-ins: Avocado slices, pasta, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, or capers.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.
Leave a Comment