These quick and easy candied chestnuts make a fantastic snack for Christmas! Soft, tender chestnuts are candied in a mixture of brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon for a delicious holiday snack!
Quick candied chestnuts are a delightful treat during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays! They are candied with brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup and are ready in only 15 minutes.
This recipe will get you deliciously soft and tender chestnuts coated in spiced sugar syrup. The sweet and sticky glaze pairs perfectly with nutty, buttery chestnuts that make them a popular side or snack for Christmas.
If you're a fan of marrons glacés, you'll love how simple and easy this is to make. Unlike the traditional French candied chestnut (marron glacé), this quick and easy recipe doesn't require days to make and requires no overnight soaking. But you'll still end up with deliciously sweet, glazed chestnuts!
- Chestnuts - Use peeled and pre-cooked chestnuts. Roasted chestnuts are a great option in addition to store-bought chestnuts that are already cooked.
- Sweetener - Brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup adds wonderful flavor.
- Butter - This adds a rich, buttery flavor to these quick candied chestnuts.
- Spices - Use any spices you'd like. Cinnamon and nutmeg are excellent options.
Steps for Quick-Candied Chestnuts
- Simply add the brown sugar, butter, water, salt, and cinnamon to a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add the chestnuts and gently stir to coat them with the candy syrup. Let the mixture reduce until it's almost gone. Serve and enjoy!
Quick Candied Chestnuts
- 2 cups chestnuts - cooked and peeled; See Note 1
- 1 ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup brown sugar - packed; or honey, agave, or maple syrup
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ teaspoon cinnamon
- Make candy syrup: Add the water, brown sugar, butter, salt, and cinnamon to a pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.1 ½ cup water, ⅓ cup brown sugar, 1½ tablespoons butter, ⅛ teaspoon salt, ⅓ teaspoon cinnamon
- Add chestnuts: Add the chestnuts and stir gently to coat them with the syrup, being careful not to break apart the nuts. Let the mixture boil uncovered until most of the liquid is reduced. Serve and enjoy!2 cups chestnuts
✎ Recipe Notes
- You can use roasted chestnuts for this recipe or store-bought chestnuts that are pre-peeled and cooked.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.
Leave a Comment