These Christmas chocolate-covered strawberries are a quick and easy no-bake Christmas dessert that's ready in just 10 minutes! Dip them in any kind of chocolate and decorate with festive Christmas sprinkles for an easy, no-fuss holiday treat!
These easy Christmas chocolate-covered strawberries are the perfect holiday treat that's ready in just 10 minutes! All you need are strawberries, chocolate, and Christmas sprinkles to make this festive Christmas dessert.
Christmas chocolate-covered strawberries make great edible gifts and look beautiful packaged in holiday cupcake liners. They can be made up to two days in advance and stored in the fridge until ready to gift.
- Strawberries - Use sweet, ripe strawberries that have been washed and dried very well. Keep them at room temperature to avoid condensation from forming around the chocolate shell.
- Dark chocolate - Dark chocolate adds a wonderful contrast to the sweetness of the strawberries but you can use milk, bittersweet, or semisweet chocolate as well.
- White chocolate - The white chocolate drizzle adds to the beautiful, festive presentation of these Christmas strawberries.
- Christmas sprinkles - Use any Christmas sprinkles you'd like! The more the merrier!
Steps for Christmas Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- Wash and dry the strawberries very well. Keep them at room temperature to avoid any condensation from forming around the chocolate.
- Break up the dark chocolate into little pieces and melt it in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until runny and smooth. Dip the strawberries while rotating them to completely cover them with chocolate. Next, place them on parchment paper to allow them to set at room temperature.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time and drizzle them over each strawberry using a fork or a resealable bag with a small hole cut out in the corner.
- Immediately decorate with the Christmas sprinkles before the white chocolate sets. They are ready to serve or gift after the white chocolate hardens.
I hope you enjoy these easy Christmas chocolate-covered strawberries! They make a fantastic no-bake Christmas dessert or edible gift and are so fun to make with the whole family!
Tips for Christmas Strawberries
Christmas Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- 1 lb strawberries - gently washed and dried
- ¼ cup Christmas sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil - (optional) for a softer chocolate shell
- 8 oz dark chocolate - chocolate bar, chips, or wafers
- 2 oz white chocolate - for the drizzle
- Prep the strawberries: Gently wash and dry the strawberries well. This allows the chocolate to better adhere to the strawberries.1 lb strawberries
- Melt the dark chocolate: Chop the dark chocolate into little pieces and add it to a microwave-safe bowl along with the vegetable oil (if using). Microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring after each time until the chocolate is runny and smooth. Heating times vary by microwave, it took me 2 rounds.8 oz dark chocolate, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Dip the strawberries: Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate while rotating it fully. Lightly scrape the underside to remove excess chocolate and lay it on parchment or wax paper to set.
- Melt the white chocolate: Chop the white chocolate into little pieces and add it to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds at a time until it's runny and smooth, stirring after each time.2 oz white chocolate
- Decorate: Drizzle the white chocolate on one strawberry at a time and immediately decorate it with Christmas sprinkles before it sets. This ensures the sprinkles stick to the white chocolate before it sets. Continue for the rest of the strawberries.¼ cup Christmas sprinkles
- Serve or store: Serve after 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden or store until ready to serve. See Recipe Notes below for storage information.
✎ Recipe Notes
- Stored at room temperature for up to 12 hours. Any longer and I recommend storing them in the refrigerator in an airtight container in a single layer so they don't touch.
- They last up to 48 hours in the fridge but are best when consumed the day of.
- Do not freeze them as the strawberries will lose their texture when thawed.
- Place the Christmas strawberries in holiday cupcake liners for extra protection and a festive presentation.
- Place them in a cookie tin or box and store them in the fridge until ready to gift. Avoid warm areas that can melt the chocolate.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.
Leave a Comment