Quick & easy Instant Pot vegan butternut squash soup that’s ready in a flash! Smooth & creamy with a hint of sweetness. Inspired by Panera Autumn Squash Soup!
This Instant Pot vegan butternut squash soup is so simple and easy to make! This soup is creamy, nutty, and smooth with a subtle hint of sweetness from the granny smith apple. If you love Panera autumn squash soup, you’ll love this recipe!
What I love about this Instant Pot vegan butternut squash soup is how creamy and rich it is considering there’s no dairy! The coconut milk adds a rich, luscious taste to this butternut squash soup that’s soothing and comforting. And if you’re in the mood for spicy butternut squash soup, you can add in optional spices to give it a kick.
Panera autumn squash soup includes carrots, apple, and a hint of curry, which is also included in this recipe. The big difference with my recipe is that I opted to make this vegan and skip the dairy. Instead I used lite coconut milk which in my opinion, makes this soup taste even better!
To finish, garnish this soup with some crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds for a bit of texture. This recipe is versatile and can be modified according to your tastes. Here are a few suggestions:
Instant Pot Vegan Butternut Squash Soup Variations:
Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
- curry powder
- ginger powder
- cayenne powder
More Herbs & Seasoning:
- dried basil
- smoked paprika
- sweet potatoes
- Toasted quinoa
- fried onions
- garlic croutons
- toasted chopped nuts – almonds, walnuts, cashews
- drizzle of olive oil or coconut cream
How to Make Instant Pot Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
Peel, Cut, and Chop Your Butternut Squash
- First, cut the butternut squash where the neck and bulb meet.
- Next peel the outer skin using a peeler or a paring knife. The skin is thick so make sure to get the entire peel off including the white part underneath the outer peel and the green vein running through the peel.
- Afterwards, use a spoon to take out the seeds. You can save this later for roasting if you prefer.
- Lastly, chop the butternut squash into about 1 inch pieces.
Add butternut squash, carrots, apples, and herbs to the Instant Pot. You only need 10 minutes on Manual Pressure Cook.
Next, blend the butternut squash soup until you get a smooth consistency using an immersion blender or regular blender.
Finally top with roasted pumpkin seeds or any other crunchy topping for texture. Or you can drizzle on a little olive oil or coconut milk on top. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Instant Pot vegan butternut squash soup, Panera autumn squash soup! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You might like these other recipes!
Instant Pot Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash cut into 1 inch size pieces, about 6 cups
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz lite coconut milk about 1½ cups
- 2 medium carrots chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup chopped onions
- 1 small granny smith apple seeded and chopped, about ½ cup
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 dried bay leaf
- few sprigs of thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
Optional spices for Spicy Butternut Squash Soup (add all or some):
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- Set aside the coconut milk and roasted pumpkin seeds for later. Add the butternut squash, vegetable broth, carrots, onions, apple, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme to the Instant Pot. Add in any optional spices at this time if you want spicy butternut squash soup.
- Set the Instant Pot to "Manual Pressure Cook" for 10 minutes. Once it's done, wait 5 – 10 minutes then use the "Quick Release" valve to release the steam and open the lid once the float valve has dropped.
- Take out the bay leaf and thyme sprigs. Add the coconut milk. Then use an immersion blender to blend the soup. Or you can also ladle the soup into a blender and blend until you get a smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.