Thai red curry chicken fried rice is great way to use Thai red curry in a quick & easy meal. Try this delicious 15 minute Thai curry chicken fried rice!
This recipe for Thai red curry chicken fried rice is so flavorful and ready in only 15 minutes! It has all the flavors you expect from Thai cuisine. It’s spicy from the red chilis, fragrant from the lemongrass and kaffir lime, and it has just a hint of sweetness from the added brown sugar. Throw in some crunchy veggies and leftover chicken and rice and you have yourself a quick and easy meal ready in no time.
Lately I’ve been on a Thai food craze and have been wanting it for almost every single meal. I can’t get enough of it so I decided to try making it at home. I picked up a container of Thai red curry paste from my Asian food store and decided to make red curry chicken fried rice.
This dish is the perfect thing to use leftover rice and chicken. Fried rice is so versatile because you can add any protein and vegetables that you want. I went with the usual vegetables you’d normally find in red curry, like broccoli, red peppers, and carrots.
Tips for Red Curry Chicken Fried Rice
The Thai red curry paste comes in a small container like below and inside is a vacuum sealed plastic bag with the red curry paste. The flavor’s really authentic and pretty intense since it’s just the paste by itself. You’ll definitely need to add other ingredients to it to dilute the flavor.
- Be sure to taste before seasoning with salt since salt is already added to the red curry paste. I didn’t need to add any additional salt to this recipe but if you like it on the salty side, be sure to give it a taste before adding salt.
How to Make Thai Red Curry Chicken Fried Rice
When sauteing the red curry paste, be sure there’s enough oil in the pan to draw out the flavors. Add an extra tablespoon of oil to the pan if needed.
- Your rice should be cold or room temperature when using it for fried rice. Warm rice clumps together easily and will have a harder time separating in the pan.
Saute together until the broccoli is fork tender and the red curry paste coats the rice. Serve immediately.
This red curry chicken fried rice makes for amazing leftovers the next day. Eat it for lunch or dinner as it reheats well. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this red curry chicken fried rice! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You may like these other recipes. Check out them out!
Thai Red Curry Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- ⅓ cup red onions chopped
- ⅓ cup carrots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup pre-cooked chicken cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1½ Tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- ¾ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup broccoli florets cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice or other long grain rice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat your pan over medium high heat and add the oil. Saute together the red onion, carrots, and garlic for about 1 - 2 minutes. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- Next add in the Thai red curry paste, chicken, and brown sugar and stir fry for 1 minute. Then add the broccoli and snap peas. Stir fry together for about 2 minutes and then add in the rice.
- Break the rice apart with the back of your spatula and continue stirring together until the rice is coated with the red curry paste and the broccoli is fork tender. About 3 - 4 minutes. Serve immediately.