Try this mushroom pappardelle pasta recipe! Seared mushrooms, fresh green peas, and tender pappardelle noodles in a light cream sauce. Perfect for dinner!
This mushroom pappardelle pasta recipe has green peas, pan fried mushrooms, cheese, and homemade pappardelle noodles. Pan fried shimeji mushrooms have a crispy golden texture that contrasts with the wonderful chewy, meatiness of the mushroom and the tender pappardelle. You can use any mushrooms for this recipe but I’m partial to shimeji for their texture.
Try this easy Fresh Pasta Recipe I used for this recipe!
Tips for Mushroom Pappardelle Pasta Recipe:
To get your mushrooms perfectly seared, start with a hot pan. Heat your pan over high heat and add a generous amount of oil. Don’t add too many mushrooms at once since you want them to lay as a single layer. If your mushrooms overlap each other, they’ll start steaming and release a lot of liquid instead of searing and getting that perfect golden exterior.
To prevent your cream from curdling, lower your heat and add the cream a little at a time. It also helps to bring your cream to room temperature. When adding your noodles, I take them out when they’re just slightly undercooked and I finish cooking them with the sauce. If it starts to get dry, add in 1/4 cup of pasta water at a time until it reaches the right consistency.
Add your fresh or frozen peas towards the end so they keep their bright green color. Lastly, add your crispy seared mushrooms right before serving so they keep their texture. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
You might like these other recipes!
Mushroom Pappardelle Pasta
- 6 oz fresh or dried pappardelle noodles
- 150 g shimeji mushrooms
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup onions finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup green peas fresh or frozen
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan over high heat and add 3 Tablespoons of oil. Once the pan is hot, add your mushrooms as a single layer and leave it to brown. After about 2 - 3 minutes, flip your mushrooms to brown the other side. Set aside.
- Lower your pan to medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon of oil, and saute the onions and garlic. Once the garlic starts to brown, add the chicken stock and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook your pasta in boiling salted water until it's al dente and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add your cooked pasta to your cream sauce and toss together over medium heat. Add the peas. Add some of the pasta water as necessary to thin the sauce.
- Top with your Shimeji mushrooms and serve with shredded parmesan cheese.