Find out how to make these vegan coconut mochi bites! Thin & crispy on the outside while soft & chewy on the inside. A perfect snack or dessert for when you're craving something sweet!
I can't get enough of these vegan coconut mochi bites. I love mochi desserts because of their chewy texture, crunchy exterior, and how easy they are to make.
These little mochi bites are perfect to bring to parties or picnics. They travel well and you can make these the day before. Just wait for them to completely cool and then store them in an airtight container. Also kids absolutely love them. I brought these for my friend's son's birthday party and they were completely gone in no time.
Tips for Vegan Coconut Mochi:
- Use Mochiko or another sweet rice flour. Stay away from regular rice flour as it's completely different and you won't get the right result.
- I used light coconut milk for these but you can use fattier coconut milk for if you want something more rich.
- Allow these to completely cool before eating. The texture will set up and get firmer as it cools, which is what gives these coconut mochi bites their chewy texture.
These vegan coconut mochi bites are egg and dairy free and are a lighter version of my Chewy Butter Mochi recipe. They both taste delicious! These have a more delicate exterior with a thinner, crispier crust whereas the Chewy Butter Mochi recipe has a thicker, crunchier crust. Try both if you're a fan of mochi and decide which one you like better!
As you can see in the photo below, the interior is so stretchy and chewy. It's a really interesting, unique texture if you've never had this before. The best way I can describe this is kind of similar to stretchy melted cheese but more chewy but I think it's best to just try these for yourself!
I hope you make these vegan coconut mochi bites! Please share, rate, and comment below. It means a lot to me and I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Check out these other recipes!
Vegan Coconut Mochi Bites
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix together until you reach a smooth batter.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray or non-dairy butter. Fill the pan ¾ of the way full and bake for about 45 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Allow them to completely cool before serving. They will firm up and become chewy once cooled.
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.