These giant chewy, fudgy, flourless chocolate cookies are a chocolate lover’s dream! Gluten-free, full of nuts, with crispy edges, and a fudgy, chewy middle. Like a delicious hybrid of cookie and brownie…yum!
Some days you just want CHOCOLATE right? These giant flourless chocolate cookies are the perfect sweet treat! Chewy and fudgy in the middle with crispy and crunchy edges – just like how a cookie should be.
Brownie or cookie – can’t decide? Why not have both? These flourless chocolate cookies are like fudgy, chewy brownies in the middle. And the best part? They’re giant! Help yourself to one or share with your friends or family.
The cocoa powder acts as a flour in this recipe and gives these the perfect texture. This recipe is also super versatile and can be made with a variety of add-ins. I added almonds and white and dark chocolate chips for more texture but you could go with whatever nuts or chocolate chips you want. Dried fruit would also be amazing in this. Candied orange peel or dried cherries would be fantastic as well.
They key is not to over bake these flourless chocolate cookies so that they keep their fudgy, brownie-like middle. They will set more once cooled.
Flourless Chocolate Cookie Tips:
The basis of this recipe is powdered sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and salt. Make sure when you mix, you get out any lumps in the cocoa powder and powdered sugar. The consistency of the batter should be like a really thick brownie mix. If it looks like it’s won’t combine together, keep mixing! It should combine together after awhile but if you’re having trouble, you can add a few drops of water at a time if you must. But be careful as too much liquid will alter the texture of these cookies.
Let them cool completely before attempting to remove them from your baking pan. Since these flourless chocolate cookies are oil and butter free, I recommend you use parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet for easier removal.
I hope you enjoy these giant flourless chocolate cookies! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Want more? Check out these other recipes!
Giant Flourless Chocolate Cookies
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped almonds substitute with peanuts, walnuts, cashews
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, add powered sugar, cocoa, egg whites, vanilla, and salt. Mix until fully combined and you don't see any powdered sugar or cocoa lumps. Next, gently fold in your add-ins until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet. Divide the dough into 6 portions. You may need to bake them in two batches or use two baking sheets since the cookies spread a bit.
- Bake in the oven for 18 - 22 minutes depending on how chewy you like your cookies. You should see cracks form on the surface of your cookie and they should be fudgy in the middle. I baked mine for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool before removing. The cookie should set more once cooled.
- Makes 6 giant chocolate cookies
- Optional add-ins: peanut butter chips, cinnamon chips, milk chocolate, mint chocolate or even dried fruit such as dried cherries or dried cranberries
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.