Learn how to make strawberry hearts and decorate them with white chocolate and sprinkles! These white chocolate covered strawberry hearts are great for Valentine's Day, Christmas, Mother's Day, or any dessert!
These strawberry hearts make the perfect edible gift, snack, or dessert for your loved ones! Strawberry hearts are so easy to make and taste even better when covered with white chocolate and sprinkles.
All you need are three ingredients to transform fresh strawberries into cute, heart shaped Valentine strawberries!
- Strawberries - Wash and thoroughly dry your strawberries. Choose ones that are uniform in size and shape for best presentation.
- White chocolate - Use a good quality white chocolate for best results.
- Sprinkles - Use any sprinkles you'd like - Valentine's day, Christmas, etc.
How to Make Strawberry Hearts
Cut a 'V' shape into the stem side of the strawberry, removing the stem and leaves. You should end up with a heart shaped strawberry. You can round out the edges if you'd like.
Use a paper towel to pat dry the cut side of the strawberry hearts. The drier the better as it helps the chocolate adhere to the strawberries.
Melt white chocolate in the microwave and dip the top third of the strawberry. Gently wipe off any excess to prevent dripping and dip in sprinkles.
Lay them flat on a sheet of parchment paper until the chocolate sets.
Serve immediately for best results. I recommend consuming within 6 hours as the cut strawberries tend to release moisture over time.
- Make sure the strawberries are completely dry and at room temperature when dipping. Cold strawberries will create condensation which prevents the chocolate from adhering well.
- For best presentation, use strawberries that are uniform in size and shape.
- For the best chocolate drizzle, fill a small plastic bag and cut a small hole in the corner. Apply even pressure when drizzling.
- Wipe off excess chocolate before dipping in sprinkles as this prevents dripping.
- Consume immediately for best results. Since the strawberries are cut into, they will leak moisture over time.
More strawberry recipes:
Strawberry Hearts with White Chocolate
- 1 lb strawberries - washed and dried
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil - (optional) for a softer chocolate shell
- 6 oz white chocolate bar
- red and white sprinkles
- Wash and dry: Wash the strawberries and thoroughly dry with a paper towel.1 lb strawberries
- Make strawberry hearts: Cut out a 'V' shape on the stem side of the strawberry, creating a heart shape and removing the stem and leaves. Pat dry the cut side with a paper towel to remove excess liquid and allow for better adherence with the chocolate. See photos in post for more details.
- Melt chocolate: Break the white chocolate into pieces and add optional oil if using. Microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring after each time. It's ready when runny and smooth.Heating times vary by microwave, it took me 2 rounds.6 oz white chocolate bar, ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- Decorate: Pat strawberries dry again if needed. Dip a ⅓ of the strawberry heart the into the melted white chocolate and scrape off any excess to prevent dripping. Dip into sprinkles and lay on a parchment sheet to harden. Drizzle extra white chocolate with a fork. Or fill a small plastic bag with chocolate and cut a tiny hole in the corner.
- Serve: Serve after the chocolate sets at room temperature or keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Consume within 6 hours for best results as the strawberries release moisture over time. Enjoy!
✎ Recipe Notes
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.
Store in the fridge until ready to consume. Take out 10 minutes before serving to soften the chocolate. I recommend consuming within 6 hours for best results.
Leave a Comment