Korean Egg Drop Sandwich | Scrambled Egg Sandwich
This Korean egg drop sandwich or scrambled egg sandwich is made with soft, fluffy eggs, buttered toast, ham, and cheese for a delicious breakfast egg sandwich!
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices bread thick slices of brioche, white, French, or milk bread
- 4 slices ham substitute bacon
- 2 slices cheese cheddar, Swiss, American, provolone
- 1 ½ Tablespoons heavy cream substitute with milk or half and half
- 1 ½ Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- parsley or chives for garnish
- avocado slices (optional)
Sriracha Mayo Sauce (Optional)
- 1 ½ Tablespoon sriracha substitute with ketchup
- 1 ½ Tablespoon mayo
Drizzle - Sweet Mayo Sauce (Optional)
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 1 Tablespoon sweetened condensed milk see Note 1 for substitution
Make sauces: Mix together the ingredients for the sriracha mayo sauce and the sweet mayo sauce. Set aside.
Toast bread: Heat a pan over medium heat and add half the butter. Toast both sides of the bread until golden brown. Remove from pan. Alternatively, use a toaster and butter both sides when done.
Pan Fry ham: Fry ham or bacon on medium high heat until crisp and set aside.
Spread the sriracha mayo sauce on the inside of the bread then add the cheese, scrambled eggs, then ham in that order. The hot scrambled eggs will melt the cheese.
Toppings: Drizzle the sweet mayo sauce on top and sprinkle with parsley or chives. Add optional avocado slices on top.
- Sweetened condensed milk - To substitute, use 2 teaspoons honey and 1 teaspoon of heavy cream for 1 Tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk.
- Scrambled eggs - For soft, creamy scrambled eggs, cook on medium low heat and gently stir with a flat spatula until the eggs begins to set. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the burner. It will still continue to cook in the pan for soft, fluffy scrambled eggs.
Leftovers: This sandwich is best when eaten fresh but you can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Microwave: Wrap the sandwich in a paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- Oven: Wrap the sandwich in foil and reheat at 350 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes or warmed through.
Calories: 531kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 427mg | Sodium: 2060mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1099IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 339mg | Iron: 4mg