Stir Fried Sugar Snap Peas with Garlic and Sesame
Try these easy stir fried sugar snap peas flavored with sesame seeds, toasted sesame oil, garlic, and soy sauce! It's an easy recipe for crunchy sugar snap peas ready in 10 minutes!
- 1 lb sugar snap peas
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon black and white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of fresh herbs - scallions or cilantro (optional); to garnish
Optional Flavors (add one or more according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes add more for spice
- 1 teaspoon sugar add more depending on taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
(Optional) Remove the stems and string from the sugar snap peas by breaking off the stem and pulling it down the length of the pod to remove the string.
Stir Fry: Heat a wok or pan over medium high heat and add the vegetable oil. Once hot, add the sugar snap peas, garlic, soy sauce, and optional flavorings (if using). Stir fry everything together for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the sugar snap peas are tender crisp and have turned bright green.
Garnish and serve: Turn off the heat and add the toasted sesame oil and black and white sesame seeds. Season to taste. Top with fresh herbs (if using) and serve immediately.
- Make sure the wok or pan is hot before adding the sugar snap peas. You should hear an immediate sizzle when it touches the pan.
- Avoid overcrowding the pan to prevent steaming the sugar snap peas. This helps them stay crisp yet tender without releasing too much liquid.
- Store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- They can be served cold, at room temperature, or heated in the microwave.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 822IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg