Cantaloupe Agua Fresca
Refreshing cantaloupe agua fresca made with fresh cantaloupe melon, water, lime, and sweetener of your choice! The perfect cantaloupe drink for the summer!
- 5 cups cantaloupe - about 1 large cantaloupe melon
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice - add more if desired
- fresh herbs - mint, basil, rosemary, thyme - (optional)
- lime or cantaloupe slices for garnish - (optional)
Sweetener (choose ONE, adjust according to taste)
Add the cantaloupe and water in a high speed blender and blend together until smooth. Avoid filling your blender more than two-thirds of the way full. Work in batches if needed.
(Optional) Strain the cantaloupe juice to get a smooth consistency and remove the pulp. A medium sieve is best for this.
Pour the cantaloupe agua fresca in a large pitcher and add the lime juice and sweetener. If using herbs, muddle them before adding them in. Serve chilled or over ice. Makes 8 cups.
- Make this ahead a day in advance. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to one day.
- Taste before adding sweetener. If your cantaloupe is very sweet, it may need very little sugar.
- This recipe is featured in How to Make Aguas Frescas - 7 Refreshing Flavors
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 44mg | Potassium: 534mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 6764IU | Vitamin C: 76mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg