Pineapple Agua Fresca
A delicious pineapple agua fresca that's perfect for hot summer days! Sweet pineapple, water, and lime juice blended together to make a refreshing drink!
- 5 cups fresh pineapple - about 1 large pineapple
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice - add more if desired
- fresh herbs - (optional) mint, basil, rosemary, thyme
- slices of lime or pineapple for garnish
Sweetener (choose ONE, adjust according to taste)
Add the pineapple chunks and water in a high speed blender and puree until smooth. Don't fill your blender more than two-thirds of the way full. Work in batches if needed.
(Optional) Strain the pineapple pulp for a smoother consistency with a medium sieve.
Pour the pineapple juice in a large pitcher and add the sweetener and lime juice. Adjust according to how sweet your pineapple is. If using herbs, muddle them gently before adding them to the pitcher. Serve chilled or over ice. Makes about 8 cups.
- Make this ahead the day before serving and store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to one day.
- I recommend adding frozen pineapple chunks to the agua fresca to keep it cold.
- This recipe is featured in How to Make Aguas Frescas - 7 Refreshing Flavors
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg