15 Minute Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Easy cilantro lime shrimp ready in 15 minutes! Jumbo shrimp cooked in a zesty cilantro lime sauce. Serve it cold, with pasta, or in lettuce wraps for quick meal! Even better than Costco cilantro lime shrimp!
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil for cooking
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro about 1 ½ to 2 cups including stems
- ¼ medium onion about ⅓ cup
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ juice and zest of half a large lime add more depending on taste
- salt to taste
Optional Sauce Ingredients:
- pinch of red pepper flakes optional for spice
- 1 large jalapeno, deseeded optional for spice
- a handful of any other herbs - basil, parsley, scallions, chives, etc add any other herbs you have on hand, about ¼ to ⅓ cup
Make the Cilantro Lime Sauce
Leaving out the olive oil, add the remaining ingredients for the cilantro lime sauce into a food processor and pulse several times until it's finely chopped. Next, slowly drizzle in the olive oil while the motor is running to combine the mixture into a sauce. Set aside.
Cook the shrimp
Heat a pan to medium high heat and add the cooking oil. Once the pan is hot, add the shrimp to the pan and cook until the shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 to 1½ minutes. Add the desired amount of the cilantro lime sauce to the pan, and saute it together until the shrimp is fully cooked, about another minute or two.
Serve immediately with extra sauce and lime wedges on the side.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. The fresh herbs will lose some of their flavor so it's best to consume this the day it's made.
- Leftover Shrimp?
- make tacos or burrito bowls
- low carb lettuce wraps
- serve over salad
- serve as a cold appetizer
- Leftover Cilantro Lime Sauce?
- use as a marinade
- serve over any protein or grilled vegetables
- turn it into a dressing - add oil and vinegar
- make it a dip - add mayo or sour cream
- add to sandwiches
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 883mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 3mg