Spicy Asian Chimichurri Sauce
This spicy Asian chimichurri sauce is made with fresh parsley, cilantro, mint & basil and seasoned with Thai chilis, sesame oil & ginger for an Asian twist!
- 3 stalks scallions
- ½ medium shallot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⅔ Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce optional; can substitute with soy sauce or add more salt
- 1 jalapeno optional for spice
- 1 Thai chili pepper optional for spice
- salt to taste
Fresh Herbs - total 1¾ cups
- ½ cup parsley tightly packed (stems can be included)
- ½ cup cilantro tightly packed (stems can be included)
- ½ cup basil tightly packed
- ¼ cup mint leaves tightly packed
- You can substitute any combination of fresh herbs that add up to 1 ¾ cups.
- Makes 1.5 cups
- Store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 781IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg