Connecticut Lobster Rolls (Warm Lobster Rolls)
Connecticut lobster roll is served warm with tender, juicy lobster meat tossed with melted butter and piled high on a toasted hot dog bun! It's a simpler lobster roll compared to the Maine lobster roll but it's just as delicious!
- 1 ½ cups cooked lobster meat chopped, about 8 oz
- 2 hot dog buns
- 4 Tablespoons butter divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Toast buns: In a large pan, melt 1 Tablespoon of butter and toast the hot dog buns on both sides until golden brown. Set aside.
Warm the lobster meat: Using the same pan, melt the remaining butter on low heat and add the lobster meat. Toss gently to warm up the lobster and coat evenly with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Optionally add a squeeze of lemon juice and chives.
Assemble rolls: Divide the lobster evenly into your buttered rolls. Serve immediately while still warm.
Recipe Tips & Variations:
This recipe is featured in Lobster Rolls - 2 Ways.
- Use brioche split-top hot dog buns for a richer flavor.
- Leave the claw meat whole and place it on top for presentation.
- Clarified butter - Using clarified butter provides a richer, nuttier flavor by removing the milk solids and water from the butterfat.
- Brown butter - Brown butter offers a toasted, deeper flavor by browning the milk solids so that it takes on a caramel-like flavor.
Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1143mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 717IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 2mg