Easy Baked Cinnamon Apples
Simple baked cinnamon apples made with only 4 ingredients! Baked Granny Smith apples with cinnamon, sugar & butter. Try these simple baked cinnamon apples!
- 6 small Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2½ Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Optional 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup vanilla custard sauce optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Peel each apple and place it in a bowl of water. Optional - add some lemon juice to the water to help prevent oxidation. Let them sit for 5 - 10 minutes or until all the apples are peeled and other ingredients are gathered.
Mix together the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Coat the apples completely with melted butter and then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
Place the apples in a baking dish and cover it with foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and baste the apples in the juices that have been released, and bake uncovered for 5 - 7 minutes until the apples start to brown and a cinnamon sugar glaze forms at the bottom of the pan. The apples should be soft and tender. Baste the apples immediately before serving and serve with vanilla sauce.
- If you want more glaze at the bottom of your baking dish, add 1/4 cup of apple juice to the baking dish in the beginning.
- You can substitute apple slices as well but reduce the cooking time to 30 minutes.
- Make ahead up to 2 days in advance and reheat the apples in the microwave or oven. Reheat the custard sauce gently on the stove top while stirring.
Calories: 129.89kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.36g | Protein: 0.37g | Fat: 4.92g | Saturated Fat: 3.03g | Cholesterol: 12.54mg | Sodium: 42.88mg | Potassium: 108.07mg | Fiber: 3.13g | Sugar: 18.84g | Vitamin A: 200.31IU | Vitamin C: 4.65mg | Calcium: 19.42mg | Iron: 0.23mg