An easy Keto Matcha Chia Pudding made with only 4 ingredients and 3 grams net carbs! Almond milk or coconut milk, chia seeds, matcha, & stevia! Low carb & keto, vegan, and paleo!
This healthy keto matcha Chia pudding is only 3 grams net carbs and is so satisfying, healthy, flavorful and easy to make! You only need four ingredients AND you can make this a day ahead and keep it overnight in the fridge. It literally takes 5 minutes to make!
Lately I've been trying to find healthy breakfast ideas that's easy to make and don't require any cooking. After decades of skipping breakfast, I've decided to give them another try and start with something easy like this keto matcha chia pudding.
I've never felt the need to eat breakfast. I'd be totally fine waiting until lunch time to eat my first meal until.....I started waking up at 7am everyday. Okay, I know for a lot of you, that's no biggie. I'm sure there's a lot of parents or early birds out there reading this recipe but for me, I've always been a night owl. I would stay up late and would sleep in the absolute latest I could until I was hurrying out the door.
But ever since I started waking up early, I would be STARVING right around 10am. I discovered this keto matcha chia pudding is actually the perfect breakfast for me. It keeps me full a lot longer than expected and is super simple to make.
What is Matcha and How to Use it?
- Matcha is finely ground green tea leaves until it becomes a powder. The stems and veins are removed during processing which gives you an ultra silky texture. It tastes like green tea but with a stronger herbal, earthy flavor.
- Matcha can be used in so many different ways but my favorite way is to use it in desserts. Tip: Use matcha wherever you would use cacao powder. You can use it in baking, mousses, custards, cakes, and even frostings. It makes for really amazing desserts!
Health Benefits of Keto Matcha Chia Pudding:
Chia Seeds - they are loaded with fiber, healthy fats, and plant based protein. All things that help you feel full and satiated. I love chia seeds. I blend them up in my smoothies, sprinkle them on yogurt, and sometimes even add a half teaspoon in fruit infused water for some added fiber.
Liquid - use any non-dairy milk with no added sugar. Coconut milk or almond milk are really great options. I find that a lot of dairy milk has added sugar so I stay away from that if I want to keep it low carb & keto friendly.
Coconut Flakes - make sure to get the unsweetened coconut flakes to keep this keto & low carb friendly. Coconut flakes add a tiny hint of sweetness along with healthy fats and fiber.
Matcha Powder - delivers a ton of antioxidants to your body with an added boost of energy from caffeine. It's has a slightly earthy, bitter taste which I've come to really like and find oddly soothing. It's kind of like that bitter taste you get from dark chocolate which I also really love.
Chia Pudding Tips:
Preparing - using a whisk helps to get out any of the clumps from the matcha powder. Or add everything into a jar and give it a good shake! The jar also comes in handy for storage if you want to make this an overnight chia pudding!
Storage - This will keep in the fridge for about two days. Store in an airtight container. Top with fruit and coconut flakes right before serving.
I hope you make this healthy keto matcha chia pudding! Please share, rate, and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for recipe updates and occasional kitchen tips and tricks! Also come find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Stop by and leave me a message! I love reading your comments!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Check out these other healthy, low carb recipes!
Healthy Keto Matcha Chia Pudding
- Mix the almond milk, chia seeds, and matcha powder together until there are no more lumps. Add liquid stevia drops a little at a time to taste.
- Cover and allow the chia seeds to expand for at least 1 hour. Or cover the bowl or transfer the chia pudding to an airtight container and allow the chia seeds to expand overnight.
- Top with unsweetened coconut flakes and mixed berries right before serving.
✎ Recipe Notes
*Nutritional information is an estimate, calculated using online tools.